Electric gate systems are beautiful and practical
Adding an electric gate system to your home can enhance the stature as well as the look of your home. It is the perfect finishing touch to the entryway of your home.
Before considering an electric gate, you’ll want to assess your needs and choose a design that is both beautiful and functional for yourself and your family. Do you have children who need to get through the gate to meet the bus or walk to school? That’s an important factor in choosing the right gate design. Do you have contractors or people who help care for your home that need access – perhaps when you are away? Again, it’s important to think about how your gate will be used to get the right design. In the end, ensuring that you get the right electric gate means no one gets locked out when they should be able to get inside and vice versa.
For most homeowners, the top benefits of a driveway electric gate include the following:
- Increased drive-up appeal – an electric gate is an impressive way to identify your home. Your gate can be customized to suit your home’s style. Surround your gate with a complimentary fence and you’ve got a really beautiful entryway.
- Increased home value – a gated entryway increases your property value by as much as five percent of your home’s total value. In addition to increasing your home’s curb, or drive-up, appeal, an electric gate adds a sense of security to your entryway.
- Increased safety for your loved ones – apart from providing a safe boundary to your home, a gate offers increased safety for your pets and children and keeps them from wandering too far or into the street.
- Increased security – while you may not be installing your gate to keep intruders out, this factor is a side effect of installing an electric gate at the entry of your driveway. It’s a simple fact that fences and gates keep intruders out more efficiently.
- Increased convenience – an electric gate means that no one has to get out of the vehicle, open the gate and close it. With an electric gate, you have the ability to control when the gate is opened and closed and you have a much more secure entry onto and exit off your property as well.
Matching form and function means ensuring that your gate has controls that let you open it from your vehicle or from your home. It also means that your electric gate looks good in the front of your home and that the style matches that of your surrounding fence, driveway materials, and home.
A professional hardscape landscaper can help you determine what type of gate will work best with your home’s style, your needs, and how your gate will be used. Consult your backyard design experts in Dallas/Fort Worth area – serving as Highland Park, University Park, Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Coppell, Southlake and Colleyville for more information on electric gates.